Saturday, September 04, 2010

30 B4 30 Day 30: Write a Book

I have gone through 29 days of new things as I journeyed toward 30 years-old. Some items were ridiculous and some were just plain, well plain, but they were all milestones for me. All things I have never done in 29 years of life and did in 30 days before my 30th birthday. This project made turning 30 more fun for me, even though I knew that it was just an age and not a state of mind or body. So for my final item on my list of 30 B4 30, I have decided, with some advice from my friends, to Write a Book called 30 B4 30.

I have always wanted to write a book, but I never knew what I wanted to write about. Was there enough to create a book about my grandmother? Or figure drawing? Or my trips to Hawaii, Disney or Tennessee? I didn't think so, but after publishing blog post after blog post about all of my completed tasks, I realized that I have developed enough text to fill the pages of an entire book. I will be adding an introduction and a conclusion to the 30 B4 30, but I have finally found something that I can print. So, I researched a few publishing companies and sent them my information. They have contacted me but I wanted to make sure I didn't answer any of their questions until this project was complete. Now that it is, I can call them back and see how much money this madness is going to cost me because it will be expensive. (I am also tallying up how much these 30 days have cost me and will get back to you with that figure as well.)

I don't know if anyone will read this book I am publishing, but I think enough people have read this blog and just maybe they will be interested enough to purchase it as a book. Kind of like The Julie/Julia Project that started out as a blog, then a book and then a movie. I don't think it will ever become a movie because I think maybe my mother, my boss and a few of my family members will end up buying the book, but it is interesting to wonder who will play me. Hmm...

Now that my 30 days are complete, I want to thank you for taking this journey with me and for supporting me with each and every post. Like I said in my "Learn to Say Thank You in 30 Languages" post, I wish there was a sentiment I could say to you that would thoroughly show my appreciation, but there isn't, so all I can offer is a wholehearted THANK YOU because I really do appreciate your interest and hope you will continue to read what I have to say. After all, life is nothing without people to share it with.

XOXOX
30 B4 30

UPDATE: The total price of my 30 B4 30 is $338.63, but that is before any publishing or anything else. 30 days, 30 new experiences and more than $300 later, I am happy with the result. Thanks again!

No comments: