Saturday, September 04, 2010

30 B4 30 Day 28: Try 30 of the 31 Flavors at Baskin Robbins

Like I have said before, I am a foodie. I love to eat and it kind of shows. (No wise cracks please.) One of the foods I love to eat is ice cream and one of the most famous places for ice cream is Baskin Robbins. In NY, Baskin Robbins shares their location with Dunkin Donuts just in case you want to have some coffee or a donut with your ice cream cone. Tonight I decided to Try 30 of the 31 Flavors at Baskin Robbins because I felt there was a need to stretch out the summer just a little bit more.

Baskin Robbins is famous for having 31 flavors of ice cream at any one time. I called one location to see how many flavors they had on tap and the creepy guy said he would serve 30 of them to me personally. So, obviously, I decided to steer clear of that place and chose another of the five locations in a three mile radius. I took my friends Colleen and Nicole with me and it was a great idea because Nicole knew the guy behind the counter. She practically mainlines Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, so he knew what she drank and what car she drove. This guy was great. He piled up the 24 flavors from the showcase and then went searching in the back freezer to find the 6 remaining flavors to complete my 30. Some flavors were great and some were pretty disappointing. For instance, after trying Chocolate Chip, you should not immediately try Lemon Chiffon or Bubble Gum (which had mini Chiclets in it). I also suggest you pass on having Birthday Cake after Chocolate Explosion. However, my favorite flavors were Pistachio Almond, Rocky Road and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Those were especially delicious. I can really eat ice cream all year round and plan to.

The moral of the story is to choose one flavor at a time, but try them all. Like Whoopie Goldberg's advice from the movie, Corinna, Corinna, which I can't add verbatim because I don't know the exact wording, but she says you can't die until you have tried all of the flavors and I still have one left...even though I don't know what it is.

Also, it is good to know that you have good friends that will laugh at you first and then completely support your crazy ideas. This is key.

No comments: