Saturday, September 04, 2010

30 B4 30 Day 29: See the Sunrise

I am not a morning person. I was even born at 7:17 at night. In the morning, my stomach is never ready for food and I have skipped many a breakfast because thinking of eating food has made me nauseous. So, unless I stayed up all night long, I have never seen the sunrise. So, today I made my object to actually See the Sunrise and it was so darn early.

I set my alarm for 6 a.m. because I did my research and found out that the sun was going to rise at 6:25 p.m. Then I peeled TK out of bed because he said he wanted to come with me. I am used to dragging him places he doesn't want to go (i.e. botanical gardens, plays, movies, etc.) so this was no different. We drove to the marina and saw the sun trying to rise but there was a large cloud blocking its way. There have been a few days where I have come home and the sun was coming up, but I have never sat and watched it as it did. So, after about 15 minutes, the sun broke through the clouds and came out, and then it burnt my retinas and I saw bright spots for the next few minutes. Not ideal, but it was nice.

I have seen many sunsets, especially in Hawaii where we chased them every night to get the perfect picture but never did. Being there to see the sunset was more memorable anyway. It is a pretty amazing phenomenon to see the sun rise and set on a clear day. It reminds you of life's cycle and how dependable some things are. Even when you don't know what tomorrow will bring, at least you know that the sun will come up and the day will begin.

"The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, they'll be sun." That Annie was so perceptive.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday! What a great way to end you 30 B4 30 project. One of my long-term goals is to write a book too, I'm thinking a memoir. Great project. So fun to watch! Have a super 30th year!