Thursday, August 04, 2016

2016 Trip Report: Day 1ish - Road Trippin'

Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23

This trip was meant to be a nice, long, relaxing vacation with an emphasis on family. No theme parks. No craziness, just fun and quality time.

As soon as my dad and TK got out of work, we were ready to get on the road. Addison (14-months-old) was already sleeping before we were even finished packing the car with our duffle bags. When we were all filed in, we stopped at Wendy's for a to-go dinner and hit the open road.

Mom started the driving and didn't stop until Virginia. In VA, TK, Jackson (4-years-old) and I got out to use the bathroom at some random diner that was open 24 hours. I got my dad some coffee and it was $3.20. My mom bought the same size coffee and they charged her $2.80. Huh?

TK drove from there and I guess I was asleep when they switched a second time from him to my dad. When we got into Georgia, I started to communicate with TK's cousin who we planned on meeting for breakfast in Savannah. When we got to Savannah, we met up at a Cracker Barrel with Aunt Janice, Dona, Matthew, Lauren and Nicholas. It was really nice to finally meet TK's cousin Dona and her children. We already love Aunt Janice and now I get to know more of our family and so do my children. We were so glad that the time was right.

From Savannah, TK drove and I sat in front with him until we reached our destination - Westgate Town Center in Kissimmee. We arrived at 3:30 p.m. and met Uncle George, Aunt Rosie, Georgie, Paige and Garrett in the lobby. Our rooms weren't ready yet, so we had to wait. When one of the rooms was ready, we all went there to wait instead. One of the staff members brought our room keys to us. Our room was two floors above my aunt and uncle's. We unpacked a little, which means I put my clothes in a drawer and threw the kids' Ziplocs in a drawer. Then, we headed out for dinner.

We chose Steak n Shake and that was a big mistake. It was messier than I remember and the food took for-ev-er. I am going to cross that one off the list for future trips. After dinner, Dad, Uncle George and I went to Super Target for food and supplies. When we got back it was super late, so everyone was either asleep or almost there and watching Zootopia. I took a shower and called it a day. 

No comments: